:: Re: [DNG] Lua
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Lua
On Fri, Oct 18, 2024 at 08:24:13AM +1000, onefang wrote:
> On 2024-10-17 09:59:49, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 12:30:49PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
> >
> > > I remember Lua as a pretty decent high level language
> >
> > a bit like a Lisp with syntax and fewer parentheses.xc
> >
> > My daughter uses Lua preferentially. I find her code hard to read.
>
> Peeps can right ungoodly in any language. They even have competitions.

She has the habitof building complicated data structures out
of the arrays Lua provides. She understands them and knows
which are the lower-level functions that manipulate them.
I do not. Even if Lua had static type-checking, it wouldn't
help. All the data types she'd be using would be array of
anything anyway.

It strikes me how much I rely on static types to make sense
of code.

Even when I program in Racket (a dialect of Scheme) I tend
to document my functions with data types even when I'm not
using Typed Racket.

-- hendrik