:: Re: [DNG] Lua
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Lua
Hendrik Boom said on Thu, 17 Oct 2024 09:59:49 -0400

>On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 12:30:49PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
>
>> I remember Lua as a pretty decent high level language
>
>a bit like a Lisp with syntax and fewer parentheses.xc
>
>My daughter uses Lua preferentially. I find her code hard to read.

The trick to easy reading of Lua is that the one and only data
structure is the table, which is an unordered list of key/value pairs.
The preceding sentence isn't completely true, but it's a good starting
point.

Lua tables are so efficient that they can substitute for arrays, simply
by making the keys 0 thru whatever.

A second Lua data structure is the metatable, which I still can't
exactly understand.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com