:: Re: [devuan-dev] Accessing DNG and …
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Ralph Ronnquist, devuan developers internal list
CC: Ralph Ronnquist, golinux
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Accessing DNG and devuan-dev mailing list archives
Hi Ralph, golinux and list,

Thanks for the pointers. That (hopefully) solves the issue for me and
everyone seeing this post. At least until I/we forget.

Ralph Ronnquist <rrq@???> writes:

> Dyne's mailing list service ha moved to
>
>     https://lists.dyne.org/

The subscribe links on that page all point to mailman listinfo pages.
The ones for devuan-dev and dng point to the exact same locations that

https://www.devuan.org/os/community

uses. Those listinfo pages leave hapless (prospective) Devuan users
without access to the archives :-(

# BTW, DuckDuckGo list the listinfo pages as the top hit too ...

I was thinking that maybe the listinfo pages could be changed to point
users to the links to "read online".

# Personally, I prefer pulling the mailman archives, plonking those into
# my local mail folder and slice-and-dice with mu (and mu4e) but that's
# just me.

> albeit by what appears to be a somehwat partial and incomplete process
> that in particular has left out forward-pointing from the old mailing
> list services.
>
> So, today you may find devuan-dev posts at
>
>     https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/list/devuan-dev.en.html

> and correspondingly the DNG posts at
>
>     https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/list/dng.en.html

> [...]
>
> On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 10:07:32AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Rather often I find myself wanting to cross-reference mail to the DNG
>> and devuan-dev mailing lists, beit in mail or issues on git.devuan.org
>> but the archives are not accessible.
>>
>> The DNG info page[0] claims the archives are only available to list
>> members but I have not be able to access them, not even via the Dng
>> Subscribers form at the bottom of that page.

>> The devuan-dev mailing list[1] has no such documented restriction but the
>> link to the archives[2] gives me a 404 Not Found.

>> BTW, the first two links above are straight from
>>
>> https://www.devuan.org/os/community
>>
>> and the third is linked to from the page for the second link.
>>
>> I would really appreciate it if the archives can be browsed by anyone
>> without the need to be a subscriber and/or log in.
>>
>> [...]

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen