:: Re: [devuan-dev] Should Devuan prov…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Olaf Meeuwissen
CC: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Should Devuan provide container images for archived releases?
Olaf,

Sorry for my understanding you.

My personal opinion is that ascii is finished. The archive.devuan.org repository
is a, hopefully useful, convenience for people who have old systems and require
it for upgrading purposes or can't upgrade (I still have an AMD K6 system that
has to run jessie!). But the packages are insecure, buggy and unsupported and we
shouldn't be encouraging anybody to use them.

So, IMO certainly not new or updated images. If you want to document how to
change the existing Dockerfiles, that seems OK. But I can't really see why
anybody would want still to use them. But maybe I just lack the imagination!

But others may have differing views...?

Mark