:: Re: [devuan-dev] Should Devuan prov…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Should Devuan provide container images for archived releases?
Hi Mark,

Mark Hindley <mark@???> writes:

> On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 09:58:57AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> I removed the upgradability checks for the `ascii` container images last
>> week and was wondering if Devuan should provide something along the same
>> lines as the debian/eol images, say devuan/archived or something.
>
> Already done. See archive.devuan.org.

Sorry for not being clear.
# I'm not aware of any container images on archive.devuan.org.

I'm talking about the Docker container images for ascii at the Docker
Hub

https://hub.docker.com/r/devuan/devuan/tags?name=ascii

and the question is whether Devuan should provide

- updated devuan/devuan:ascii images
- brand new devuan/archived:ascii (or devuan/eol:ascii) images

that use archive.devuan.org in their APT sources, or just document that
Dockerfiles that use

FROM devuan/devuan:ascii

should insert a

RUN sed -i ...