:: [DNG] OT: Damned phones
Author: capercally.bleery670
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Use adb on the Damned phones
Subject: [DNG] OT: Damned phones
This only touches very lightly on devuan, but I feel here is the only
place where I get a friendly audience for this query.

I am desperately looking for a way to upload files from my Android 12
phone to my Unix desktop, subject to several constraints:

- no round trip to cloud and back, I can't afford the bandwidth
- no MTP over USB, too fscking unreliable
- only libre Android apps (available from F-droid), as there's no
google account on the phone

There are apps that look like they *should* work, such as ServeIt,
but it turns out that most (or all) of them have not been updated
for the ever-more-locked-down newer Androids, where the "Access all
files" permission seems very hard to obtain.

Thanks for hints.

--
Ian