:: Re: [DNG] legacy boot Chimaera?
Author: Rod Rodolico
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] legacy boot Chimaera?
How about this, from https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03840403

== To get more information while booting
Press F10 during boot to access BIOS (as I think you've been doing)
Disable Quick Boot (Always Full Boot)
Enable Post Messages

Reboot
Press Esc (I generally press it once a second until something happens)
That should access the boot menu, with a list of bootable devices.

Note the URL above states:
"note: To drag a device to a preferred place, press Enter. To remove the
device from consideration as a bootable device, press F5. F5 can be used
to disable individual boot items, as well as disable EFI boot and/or
legacy boot."
so, theoretically, you can change to boot from legacy there, though that
will probably revert on the next boot.

If your USB does not display in legacy all the time, go back into BIOS.
Futz around until you find the place where you can turn the boot into
legacy (turning off EFI), then reboot and press Esc.

Secure boot is a Microsoft pushed thing, but it is not only applicable
to Windows. However, it is definitely unnecessary for Linux, I'm pretty
sure. I have turned it off several times on workstations.

Rod