:: Re: [DNG] legacy boot Chimaera?
Author: Fred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] legacy boot Chimaera?
On 1/4/23 01:19, Antonio Rendina via Dng wrote:
> You may need to disable fast boot as well and use legacy boot (if you
> didn't do it so far).
> Looks to me that it didn't recognize the USB key as a boot key, or it
> tried to boot from hard drive without checking the usb key. Try the usb
> key on another computer, just to be sure that the key is working well.
>
> Regards,
> Antonio

Fast boot was disabled by default.
I agree completely with your observation.
I am willing to try the usb stick on another computer but how do I exit
the installer if it comes up without changing anything on the computer?

I mounted a CD I used to install Beowulf on another computer and found
it had lots of files including one called boot versus the two .efi files
I found on the usb stick.

I am going to try again using the netinstall iso.
Best regards,
Fred