:: Re: [DNG] Hardware support for new …
Author: wirelessduck
To: .
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Hardware support for new Thinkpad?

> On 24 Apr 2022, at 21:28, . via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
> I just got a Thinkpad P1 gen 4, and Chimaera doesn't recognize the audio, camera, or HDMI port (not to mention the fingerprint sensor in the power switch). I could use some guidance in what to look for...
>
> It has a Tiger Lake-H processor, I don't know what chipset. I think I need a command like "lspci" to identify the multimedia hardware, but I don't know what to look for.
>
> For what it's worth, the last couple of releases of Ubuntu *do* support the multimedia hardware. Do I need to move to Daedalus? If so, is there an install package for that?
>
> Thanks for any help in getting this machine up on Devuan.
>
> -Bob Montante

There is a page at https://thinkstation-specs.com/thinkpad/p1-gen-4-2021/ which appears to list some specs. Also a PDF at https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_P1_Gen_4/ThinkPad_P1_Gen_4_Spec.pdf

Have you tried updating to the latest bios? That might help if there are any relevant bug fixes.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p1-gen-4-type-20y3-20y4/downloads/driver-list/

I would follow the advice of Gastón and install the kernel from chimaera-backports as it will be much simpler than trying to upgrade to daedalus.

https://www.devuan.org/os/packages

Add the backports repository to apt sources and then run

apt-get update && apt-get install -t chimaera-backports linux-image-amd64

--
Tom