:: Re: [DNG] Hardware support for new …
Author: .
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Hardware support for new Thinkpad?
Thanks to everyone for suggestions.  I've had a chance to try a build of
daedalus --- it didn't work either.  Temporarily back on Kubuntu
(busy/bad time of the year to be playing with hardware configs).  I did
get a comparison of the outputs of lsusb, lspci, and lsmod on both
daedalus and kubuntu.  lsusb and lspci are unchanged (no surprise?) but
the list of differences in the "lsmod" output is quite long.

What I *think* I'm picking out of that is the presence of nVidia
devices, particularly for audio and for a "VGA compatible controller"
(although there's also an Intel GT1 VGA compatible controller) in the
"lspci" output.  So I'm thinking that I'm missing some proprietary drivers.

I'll dig into adding proprietary drivers.  The Lenovo website only lists
Windows-based driver/firmware/BIOS updates, so that's no help.  Am I
right that the process for Debian and for Devuan should be about the same?

thanks again, -Bob