:: Re: [DNG] Hardware support for new …
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Hardware support for new Thinkpad?
On 2022-04-24 07:28:38, . via Dng wrote:
> I just got a Thinkpad P1 gen 4, and Chimaera doesn't recognize the audio,
> camera, or HDMI port (not to mention the fingerprint sensor in the power
> switch).  I could use some guidance in what to look for...
>
> It has a Tiger Lake-H processor, I don't know what chipset.  I think I need
> a command like "lspci" to identify the multimedia hardware, but I don't know
> what to look for.
>
> For what it's worth, the last couple of releases of Ubuntu *do* support the
> multimedia hardware.  Do I need to move to Daedalus?  If so, is there an
> install package for that?
>
> Thanks for any help in getting this machine up on Devuan.

Need more info.

Do you mean it's not even showing the devices using those commands others
replied with?

Are you using pulseaudio, which is the default, and it's just not showing
up in their mixer?

Are you using raw ALSA like me, and being very surprised that my graphics
card with two HDMI and two Display Port connectors is showing a dozen HDMI
audio ports, most of which don't work? But two or three of them do work,
and not always the same ones.

Or something else?

VLC was quite useful in listing all the audio devices, and letting me
quickly switch between them.