:: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 11:41:09 -0700 - Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@???>:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 17:59:24 +0200
> al3xu5 <dotcommon@???> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > I have openbox+lxde & PCManFM: usb drives are automatically mounted
> > (by udisks2) and are shown and usable (open and umount) thanks to
> > PCManFM.
> >
> > I have also udiskie, which i nice, but not strictly necessary in my
> > case... Am I right?
>
> I have found that each desktop uses its own method of automounting.
> PCManFM may have the mounting code built-in. Or it may use udiskie.
> Check PCManFM's dependencies and see if udiskie is listed.

No: PCManFM do not require udiskie. I think you are right saying it should
have the mounting code built-in.

> Did you
> install udiskie yourself?

Yes: I installed udiskie "separately", when PCManFM was already installed.

> If not, then some other app did and it's
> probably needed.

Looking at the PCManFM deps seems to confirm it has the mounting code
built-in...

$ apt-cache depends pcmanfm
pcmanfm
Depends: libatk1.0-0
Depends: libc6
Depends: libcairo2
Depends: libfm-gtk4
Depends: libfm4
Depends: libfontconfig1
Depends: libfreetype6
Depends: libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0
Depends: libglib2.0-0
Depends: libgtk2.0-0
Depends: libpango-1.0-0
Depends: libpangocairo-1.0-0
Depends: libpangoft2-1.0-0
Depends: libx11-6
Depends: shared-mime-info

> If it's not causing problems, leave it be.

Indeed, I have both.

Regards
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B