:: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Author: Patrick Bartek
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 17:59:24 +0200
al3xu5 <dotcommon@???> wrote:

> Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:37:45 -0700 - Patrick Bartek
> <nemommxiv@???>:
>
> > [...]
>
> > I did some checking -- It's been a while since I installed Beowulf
> > and udisks2 -- and I discovered that you need to use a "front end"
> > for udisks2 for it to truly automount. I used udiskie
> > (https://pypi.org/project/udiskie/) which must be started manually.
> > Installing it doesn't automatically set it up to start. I just
> > added a stanza to Openbox's autostart script. Since I use lxpanel
> > in addition to Openbox, I added the "--smart-tray" option, so
> > udiskie will appear in the panel when it's in use.
>
> Hi Patrick
>
> I have openbox+lxde & PCManFM: usb drives are automatically mounted
> (by udisks2) and are shown and usable (open and umount) thanks to
> PCManFM.
>
> I have also udiskie, which i nice, but not strictly necessary in my
> case... Am I right?

I have found that each desktop uses its own method of automounting.
PCManFM may have the mounting code built-in. Or it may use udiskie.
Check PCManFM's dependencies and see if udiskie is listed. Did you
install udiskie yourself? If not, then some other app did and it's
probably needed. If it's not causing problems, leave it be.