:: Re: [DNG] adding raspi to sources.l…
Author: tuxd3v
To: Gregory Nowak
CC: dng, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] adding raspi to sources.list
Hello Greg,

> ----- Mensagem de Gregory Nowak via Dng <dng@???> ---------

>Data: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 15:46:54 -0700

>De: Gregory Nowak via Dng <dng@???>

>Assunto: Re: [DNG] adding raspi to sources.list

>Para: dng@???, dng@???

>> On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 09:44:24PM +0200, dng@??? wrote:
>
>>> For my regular Pi's i just have the following in my apt sources
>>

>> >deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
>>
>> >deb-src http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
>>
>> >deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security main
>>

>> >and this just works.
>
>> So, I see there is a linux-image-4.19.0-16-armmp package, which just
>
> >provides the kernel in /boot. I also see there is a raspi-firmware
>
>> package, which seems to work with the kernel and initramfs-tools to provide
>
> >firmware in /boot/firmware. It looks like /boot should be in the root
>
> >file system, and /dev/mmcblk0p1 should now be mounted as
>
> >/boot/firmware, correct? Does installing linux-image-4.19.0-16-armmp
>
> >and raspi-firmware in Beowulf provide the necessary kernel and
>
> >firmware to boot a raspberry pi, or are there more packages I need?
>
> >For completeness, I'm upgrading to Beowulf on a raspberry pi 2b. Thanks.
>

> What is your kernel actual version?
>
> In the SBC world, kernels are tailored to specific hardware..
>
> Installing a generic kernel without having the correct Device tree
> Source, or Binary files,or even the needed kernel drivers, will
> probably render your system unusable..
>
> I strongly advise you to not do that..

Instead use the Image for Beowulf, for RaspBerryPi 2:
http://arm-files.devuan.org/devuan_beowulf_3.1.0_armhf_rpi2.img.xz

Its an updated image with last kernel and all functionality, including
Raspberry PI Userland tools, which means drivers to interact with
camera, videocore, and such..

Its well supported, and its a recent release: 04-Mar-2021

Best Regards,

tux