:: Re: [DNG] adding raspi to sources.l…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng@d404.nl, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] adding raspi to sources.list
On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 09:44:24PM +0200, dng@??? wrote:
> For my regular Pi's i just have the following in my apt sources
>
> deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
> deb-src http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
> deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security main
>
> and this just works.

So, I see there is a linux-image-4.19.0-16-armmp package, which just
provides the kernel in /boot. I also see there is a raspi-firmware
package, which seems to work with the kernel and initramfs-tools to provide
firmware in /boot/firmware. It looks like /boot should be in the root
file system, and /dev/mmcblk0p1 should now be mounted as
/boot/firmware, correct? Does installing linux-image-4.19.0-16-armmp
and raspi-firmware in Beowulf provide the necessary kernel and
firmware to boot a raspberry pi, or are there more packages I need?
For completeness, I'm upgrading to Beowulf on a raspberry pi 2b. Thanks.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1