:: Re: [DNG] adding raspi to sources.l…
Author: dng@d404.nl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] adding raspi to sources.list
On 30-03-2021 00:20, Gregory Nowak via Dng wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 11:42:00AM +0300, Dimitris via Dng wrote:
>> this package is ascii (not beowulf), so you probably need :
>>
>> deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged ascii raspi
>>
>> d.
> I guess that would explain why it's not indexed in Beowulf. When I add
> the above to my sources.list and apt-get update, I get:
>
> W: Failed to fetch http://deb.devuan.org/merged/dists/ascii/InRelease
> Unable to find expected entry 'raspi/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release
> file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
>
> Since this isn't a Beowulf package, I'm probably better off just
> fetching the latest firmware from Raspberry Pi's github repo, or cross
> compile my own from linux stable, since I seem to recall that the
> Raspberry Pi code made it into the main kernel.org source tree a while
> ago. Thanks to everyone for your help.
>
> Greg

For my regular Pi's i just have the following in my apt sources

deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
deb-src http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security main

and this just works.

For my Pi 1's and Zero's i have to specify the armel architecture
because apparently Debian arm v6 does not exist.

Grtz.

Nick