:: Re: [DNG] TB and Enigmail
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] TB and Enigmail
On 10/23/20 3:04 AM, Simon Walter wrote:

> From what I understand, I now have to maintain two copies of my key rings:
> the regular one and the one *inside* TB.

Hm.. I was already a little nervous about keeping one copy of the keyring
on the hard drive.

> Has any of you TB users (assuming there are any here} done this migration?
> How is the new shiny? Is it fine? Shall I forget about TB? Any suggestions
> of what could replace it?

Nope. This is the first I've heard of it. This is not the first I've heard
of problems with enigmail. Over the past 5 years or so, it seems like it
only works about half the time. And I mean it goes months without being
available for installation.

I do still use Thunderbird for my mail, but a few months ago I installed
claws mail on my laptop just so I could send an encrypted email. It works
fine there. I might eventually switch over to using claws full-time.

fsmithred