:: Re: [DNG] Danger: Debian POSIX host…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Network configuration (was Re: Danger: Debian POSIX hostility)
Subject: Re: [DNG] Danger: Debian POSIX hostility
Le 17/09/2020 à 13:34, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng a écrit :
> apt purge network-manager
>
> solved it for me ;-)
>
> Eh, perhaps I should mention that I also did a
>
> apt install netplug wpasupplicant ifupdown
>
> and tinkered a bit to get my interfaces(5) and wpa_supplicant.conf(5)
> snippets in working order.

    That's what I used to do for the last 10 years, except ifplugd
instead of netplug.

    It works perfectly with some hand tweaking of /etc/interfaces.

    Also you need to configure /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
by hand or install wpa_gui.

    Anyway, wpa_supplicant.conf needs the following instructions:

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=dialout
update_config=1

    You can choose a different group, and you should make yourself a
member of this group.

--

        Didier