:: Re: [DNG] Danger: Debian POSIX host…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Danger: Debian POSIX hostility
Hi Steve,

On 17/9/20 14:33, Steve Litt wrote:
> I was given hopman to test on my Void box and got it compiled with some
> help from (I think) Aitor. It was much more mature than my amounter
> was. I don't know why I quit using it --- maybe my mind went on to
> other things.

My help was installing simple-netaid-cdkin Void Linux, the ncurses
interface for simple-netaid:

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/simple-netaid-cdk

I seem to remember. It required to build from source ifupdown (which -as
someone has pointed
out in this thread- has its origin in Debian), and also libiw and libcdk5.

> By the way, if you use amounter, change all the mount and unmount to
> pmount and pumount so it can be done by a normal user. I'm not going to
> have time to fix amounter's Git until late November.
>
> I think hopman is a package in Devuan, so everybody can use it.

No, it isn't a package in Devuan so far. But i really think Didier has
done a very great job to keep in mind.
I cloned his repository and read it time ago, being one of my priorities
to contribute to it.

Cheers,

Aitor.