:: Re: [DNG] kernel instabilities
Author: Riccardo Mottola
To: wirelessduck, dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] kernel instabilities
Subject: Re: [DNG] kernel instabilities
Hi!

On 5/28/20 11:35 AM, wirelessduck@??? wrote:

> There’s also a slightly newer version 4.19 available from backports
> repository. While not as new as the most recent stable kernel, it
> might be quicker and easier to test out than compiling as it’s
> available through apt.
>
> https://pkginfo.devuan.org/stage/ascii/ascii-backports/linux-image-amd64_4.19+105+deb10u3~bpo9+1.html
>
> If that doesn’t work then I agree that compiling the latest stable
> would be the next choice.

yes, I am currently on ascii on all my machines. I could try to test
beowulf too, although I need to be sure to have gcc 6.5

Anyway, the tipo of the backport brings stability again, I am running now:

 4.19.0-0.bpo.8-amd64 #1 SMP

And I have run it two days, including several heavy compilation sessions
of ArcticFox, xfce desktop, suspend to RAM, browsing and some usb device
access... seems fine so far.

Riccardo