:: Re: [DNG] kernel instabilities
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] kernel instabilities
Hi Riccardo,

On 06/01/2020 07:55 PM, Riccardo Mottola via Dng wrote:
> yes, I am currently on ascii on all my machines. I could try to test
> beowulf too, although I need to be sure to have gcc 6.5

Beowulf has gcc-7 and gcc-8 instead, but also gcc (build-essential)
which is the compiler used by default in all the branches by the mozilla
debian-team.
Arcticfox will build successfully with it. I tested it today. I also
tried building Palemoon-28.10.0 with gcc-8 and it worked.
On the other hand, i point out that palemoon-28.x uses the *gold* linker
instead of /usr/bin/ld.

Cheers,

Aitor.