:: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not w…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] without-systemd.org not working
Le 21/05/2020 à 22:24, Rick Moen via Dng a écrit :
> Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):
>
>> When a company takes action to increase its share of the market and/or
>> its cash flow, we normally do not call that a conspiration. It is
>> legitimate to write about it and discuss the actions it takes.
> And, in the matter at hand, RHAT's underwriting of Mr. Poettering's salary
> and acceptance of his codebase for the past decade has gained it a
> better market position and/or improved financial strength _how_, exactly?

    Well, *they* claimed their model was to make money out of
complexity, as Steve reported. It's not a suputation, it's an official
statement. Therefore no idea of a conspiracy from Steve.

    I assume they do what they claimed, and actually Systemd is well in
line with it. Then I try to imagine what can result from that, because
the result of human actions is not always what they expected. Already
they have been bought by Oracle - preventing them from being bought by
Microsoft. What next?

    I, personnaly,  do not believe "The year of the Linux Desktop" will
be "The year of Gnome" or "The year of Freedesktop"; I believe those
will never happen. I think it will be "The year of
Windows-Systemd-Linux". I don't know the future, of course, but this is
my guess.

    Didier