:: Re: [DNG] When upgrading to Beowulf…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] When upgrading to Beowulf please test and report issues with eudev-3.2.9-2 from unstable!
On Thursday 09 January 2020 at 21:40:16, 'smee via Dng wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-01-09 at 21:29 +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Thursday 09 January 2020 at 21:25:51, 'smee via Dng wrote:
> > >
> > > "i firmware-linux-nonfree Depends firmware-misc-nonfree (=
> > > 20161130-3)"
> >
> > No, that's not itself :) Thats' "firmware-LINUX-nonfree" :)
>
> aah I see. apt shows firmware-linux-nonfree was manually installed, I
> don't recall ever installing it, in fact I thought I had successfully
> avoided installing anything nonfree in devuan on this machine. So I
> thought it must be a dependency itself, but aptitude why shows no
> dependencies.

"i firmware-linux-nonfree Depends firmware-misc-nonfree" means that firmware-
linux-nonfree is installed, and depends on firmware-misc-nonfree, which is
therefore the reason why firmware-misc-nonfree is itself installed.

It reduces the question instead to "why is firmware-linux-nonfree installed?"

Antony.

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.