:: [DNG] New application ready to test…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: [DNG] New application ready to test: hopman
    Hello Devuaneers.

    I have put on https://git.devuan.org/kryn/hopman an application to
let mount/umount/open filesystems on hotplug mass storage devises such
as USB sticks or SD cards. This is a replacements for features provided
by Desktop Environments.

    It only depends on a linux kernel version newer than 2.2.26 and the
GTK+-2 library, plus helper commands to mount/umount/open the
filesystems, such as pmount/pumount, thunar and xfce4-terminal.

    The git repository contains a description of the project, plus a
directory containing the source and makefiles.

    To instal: git-clone the project, then:

    cd hopman/hopman-1.0

    make && make install  # You must be root to install

    make cleanall

    Installed files: /usr/bin/hopman, /etc/default/hopmanrc,
/usr/share/man/man8/hopman.8.gz,, /usr/share/pixmap/hopman.png,
/usr/share/applications/hopman.desktop

    I tried to make it a Debian package, but with little success. I
need help for that.

    I also need help to remove from the gitlab a previous, primitive
version which was named partmon.

    Thanks.

            Didier