:: Re: [DNG] [devuan-dev] Of confidenc…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [devuan-dev] Of confidence and support and the future of Devuan.
On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 11:38:00AM +0200, Svante Signell via Dng wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-04-23 at 09:10 +0200, Jaromil wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Apr 2019, Rick Moen wrote:
> >
> > > Dan, it is _not_ time for you to leave. Please stay.
> >
> > Well Rick, at this point considering all the dust Dan is kicking up
> > in
> > public, apparently now intentionally, I'd say he better leave. All
> > his
> > past three actions in Devuan damaged the project. I doubt there will
> > be recovery and start thinking we'll be better off. I am still in
> > favor of listing CenturionDan among the professionals supporting
> > Devuan for enterprise support, but I don't believe this is a useful
> > caretaking attitude, since he seems to put his own interests and
> > concerns before the project's health.
>
> Sorry Jaromil,
>
> I don't agree with you. Both Dan and Katolaz should be part of the
> caretakers group. What bout nextime, is he still active? And what are
> your contributions to the project as a whole?

Just to clarify, and with a hope to stop this nonsense: I decided to
take a leave from Devuan all by myself, not because anybody asked me
to do that (if anybody asked me repeatedly to leave that was Dan, not
Jaromil or anybody else, but those particular requests were irrelevant
for my decision).

As I have already asked in this list, if you care about Devuan please
just stop the drama and use the spare time you have to help Devuan
concretely. Just close your email clients, and come back in 24/48
hours, when you have decided how you can contribute to
Devuan. Sometimes not answering an email is just much more
productive. The rest is useless rubbish.

Counting individual contributions to a voluntary project is totally
pointless: since there is no price tag on "one hour of voluntary
work", then a voluntary contribution of one hour is as important and
as valuable as 1000 hours of voluntary contribution. Noone can ask a
volunteer to work more, or to work less, or to work at all, because a
volunteer is a free man/woman devoted to a cause. Devuan is made by a
community of voluntaries, not by single egos. Making contributions as
much as possible *invisible*, anonymising, hiding, de-personalising,
collectivising, this is the only way through IMHO, the only way to let
a community shine. If anything will last, it will be Devuan as a
whole, not any of the volunteers who have put it into existence.

"A leader is best
When people barely know he exists
Of a good leader, who talks little,
When his work is done, his aim fulfilled,
They will say, 'We did this ourselves.'
", Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

HND

The last humble servant