:: Re: [DNG] What you saw on devuan.or…
Author: chillfan
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
New-Topics: [DNG] frustration with browsers.
Subject: Re: [DNG] What you saw on devuan.org yesterday was an April's fools joke
Katolaz is working very hard to ensure we have releases, but I didn't realise he was doing all this even. There shouldn't be any sore feelings over this or anything personal.

He really had me there for a moment but gopher and browser complaints were good clues something isn't quite right ;)

There are many of us frustrated with web browsers and the web in general, and a couple of people are nostalgic over gopher. It's funnier for me because I know this.

This seems like a bad reaction to an april fools joke to me, and personally I feel that the systemd camp wants to score some cheap points.

Afaik we are all volunteers, which is different than having people who are contracted to maintain and develop Devuan. I think some dedicated maintainers should be put our way before anyone gets uptight about an april fools joke.

Cheers,

chillfan