:: [Squatconf] squatconf BLN for dtn.i…
Author: almereyda
To: SquatConf
Subject: [Squatconf] squatconf BLN for dtn.is 2 ?
Hi SquatConf!

It's been a pleasure running into folks around FOSDEM and afterwards!
Thanks to Caleb for an inspiring conversational flow, to Aaron for
continuing the discussions we commenced elsewhere, and to Jérome for
hosting me the last night. It feels good to reconnect to the network at
times.

Is there anyone who would like to participate in a SquatConf in parallel to Data Terra Nemo 2 https://dtn.is?

This happens on the weekend of May 17 - 18 in Berlin.

Hence SquatConf belongs to no one, I'm seeing a chance it can fulfill
its role as a fringe event to preparations of others. Last week we ran
into a discussion about the prices of dtn.is through

    https://twitter.com/almereyda/status/1094200193464061954

which made me think if it wouldn't be appropriate to take over the dates
and present further realities and contexts to distribution. For this I
am starting conversation with the venue, if they can offer free space in
a cafe next to the river, and with a wagon place nearby.

The latter could make use of a nice Freifunk WiFi installation ...

Does anybody know what happened to http://squatconf.eu/ ? Seems its
maintenance got individualised and the collective couldn't keep it up?

The last version resides in
http://web.archive.org/web/20160317122026/http://squatconf.eu/

Since https://github.com/squatconf doesn't have the sources available,
I'm also interested in knowing who might retain a copy of the git tree?

Thanks in advance for any opinions,

yala / Jon