:: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the install guides
On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 10:03:29PM -0600, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2019-01-01 21:37, Steve Litt wrote:
> >     The degree of attentiveness we now
> >     demand in our workplaces has been a positive trait for only a
> >     couple centuries, and genetics hasn't caught up. So blame is
> >     counterproductive.

> I beg to differ. It's not in the genetics. It's in how we choose to live.

Actually, there is a genetic component to attention deficit.

> The level of consciousness in parts of the world hundreds of years BC
> surpasses what we are capable of today. Our individual traits/skills/talents
> are the resultants of the quality of our past actions over millennia. IOW we
> start a life with what what is commensurate to who we have been. So choose
> wisely.

What's weird is how attention deficit seems to be paired with an
ability to hyperfocus. If properly directed (which can be difficult --
the attention-deficit-afflicted don't hav that much control over it)
it's what enables someone to focus on tracking down a bug for hours if
necessary, forgetting all else.

Attention deficit is a rather paradoxical syndrome.

-- hendrik