:: Re: [DNG] some issues with the mini…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] some issues with the minimal-live iso as a rescue tool
On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 03:45:57PM +0100, Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba wrote:

[cut]

> I found that the packages mdadm (for RAID) and lvm2 (for LVM) were not installed
> in the 'minimal-live', so I had to install them prior to use them.
>
> This would have been an embarrasing situation in case I had no network connection,
> but fortunately it was not the case.
>
> So I think those packages should be ready-to-use in the minimal-live, specially as
> it is announced as a rescue tool. RAID and LVM are not something 'rare', I guess.

Hi Salo,

that's a very good point, indeed. Will add the packages in the next
release or point release.

> I would report a bug, but I don't know how to do it. ¿Is there a 'Package' related
> to the build of the 'minimal-live' iso? ¿How to check if there are bugs
> already related to this?

It would make sense to file a bug against:

Package: minimal-live
Version: 2.0.0

There are a couple of closed bugs on that "package":

https://bugs.devuan.org//cgi/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=minimal-live

> Also, I would have appreciated to find in the web an exhaustive list of packages
> installed in every iso. ¿Is there that list anywhere?

We actually had those lists for Jessie:

https://files.devuan.org/devuan_jessie/minimal-live/devuan_jessie_1.0.0_amd64_minimal-live_list.txt,

but yes, we forgot to put them online for Ascii. That's a very good
point. We will include the lists on files.devuan.org ASAP.

Thanks

KatolaZ