that we send the announcement today
on devuan's anniversary, is already decided
so no worries.
early bird: we have no ticket
system in place yet (nothing moved in fact) and gathering mails of
interest may mislead us to a big venue
without securing funds.
scaling up the venue will double the
cost to 20k so then we have a potential
big loss. i do want to keep in our finances
at least 24 months of infra autonomy.
we don't need a new domain, just adds
work now, no need.
now please: I appreciate your recommendations at
the last minute, however as d1conf host
I need some room to maneuver and push
forward. I believe we have rough consensus and will now push whereas there has been space for others to, but nothing has happened. so let me fill that space with feasible autonomy now.
I want to go for a call to sponsor and a cfp, specifying we cannot cover travel and
lodging costs for speakers. then update
in december with early bird ticketing,
and subsequently give more updates.
small venue is reserved, but may change
also in February given resources and
participation are high (>500) else is best for the quality of the experience to keep a small scale.
said all the above, I keep in mind 2 main
objectives for d1conf 2019:
- produce good video materials
- attract sponsors and
- create a space for dialogue with
potential client companies seeking
entreprise support from those able
to offer it professionally
if scaling to a big event gets in the way
of these goals then i prefer raising the
price and offer a good live stream
and video docs to people not attending.
for those who want to party we will have
an off event in cooperation with local
social centers that won't cost us and will
be open to all.