Author: golinux Date: To: devuan developers internal list Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] devuan's 1st conference
On 2018-11-26 13:04, KatolaZ wrote: > On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 07:47:00PM +0100, Ivan J. wrote:
>> If we have no sponsors then we're definitely losing money, no matter
>> what. We don't want to charge insane amounts of money for entrance
> OK, but what kind of amount we are talking about?
Around 60 euros (or a little more) was mentioned at this morning's meet.
>> Personally, I'd release the announcement tomorrow, ask for sponsors
>> help with donations, and wait until end of December. Then we can
>> what to do and start selling the tickets. I think 4+ months is a
>> amount of time for the majority to decide if they wish to visit the
>> conference and organize themselves.
Absolutely ask for sponsors.
> I am OK with that only if "waiting until the end of December" actually
> means "we will actively look for sponsors and partners and help with
> donations that will go towards covering the cost of the
> conference". Actually, I think it could be a nice idea to say in the
> announcement that all the donations received between now and the end of
> December will be used to cover the cost of the conference, so that we
> will know in January how much the cost of the ticket will be (maybe
> quoting a maximum cost with zero donations).
Putting Dec. donations towards the event is an excellent fail-safe
suggestion. I will be working with jaromil on pushing the announcement
within the next day. My only concern is that we have a track record of
NOT keeping to deadlines and them having a mad crunch when zero hour
> What do you think?
You always come up with good solutions. :)
This message was posted to the following mailing lists: