:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
Henrik:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 02:32:28AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):
> >
> > > And what kernel source do you use, kernel.org or Debian?
> >
> > I'm unclear on what possible use you would have for that information.
>
> It might help those wanting to try it themselves.

You don't need to know his setups for that, don't pry.
If you need help with your setup, please ask.

For thoose who wants to make their own kernel I suggest they start
with a tarball from:
https://www.kernel.org/
You can find some doc. there also.

For thoose who want to follow the development or wants to build
differnt versions of linux I suggest

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-stable-rt.git

depending on what they want.

Note, some later compilers can not compile some older linux versions
out of the box.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data