:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
Quoting Hendrik Boom (hendrik@???):

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 02:32:28AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):
> >
> > > And what kernel source do you use, kernel.org or Debian?
> >
> > I'm unclear on what possible use you would have for that information.
>
> It might help those wanting to try it themselves.

Since the gentleman seemed not to be familiar with make-kpkg in package
kernel-package, perhaps he should start there. (However, I believe it's
now deprecated as of Debian stretch, and being replaced by newer
automation tool deb-pkg, and coverage in The Debian Administrator's
Handbook has now been updated to discuss that, instead.)

As to the rest, I'm not in the habit of posting to public mailing lists
detailed information about how often and precisely how I carry out
security-sensitive maintenance at the very core of my systems. I'm just
fickle and unreasonable about that, I guess. No reason. ;->

--
Cheers,                "I never quarrel with a man who buys ink by the barrel."
Rick Moen                    -- Rep. Charles B. Brownson (R-Indiana), ca. 1960