:: Re: [devuan-dev] Debian Buster rele…
Author: Evilham
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support
Am 15/10/2018 um 18:05 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> (I just subscribed to this list, so no need to Cc me.)
>
> Hello!
>
> I just like to make you aware of a discussion on debian-devel mailing
> list:
>
> Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/10/msg00151.html
>
> If no one steps up, sysvinit package might be removed from the Debian
> archive, which especially if init scripts are then also removed from
> packages by some maintainers makes it more difficult to maintain and
> develop Devuan as a distribution based on Debian.
>
> I do not know whether you like to cooperate and help with sysvinit
> maintenance in order to keep the package in Debian. But if you do, I
> suggest you do a first step and remove personal attacks from your IRC
> infobot:
>
> Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/10/msg00180.html
>
> Calling people "toxic" as Ansgar did in above mail, is of course also
> not helpful and I wrote him that.
>
> Thanks,

Thank you.

Get together any big-enough group of people and you'll have... Well, all
kinds of people.

I've never been a fan of the term "poettering" as it is personifying
what is a social and technological trend. Was also not aware of that bot
fact, I'd personally be up for removing it.

FWIW, I don't take Ansgar's remarks seriously, he sometimes likes to
come around devuan's channels to act in a better-than-thou and rather
rude manner.

But that does not, of course, extend to the whole community.
--
Evilham