:: Re: [devuan-dev] Debian Buster rele…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 08:32:55PM -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2018-10-15 11:05, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> >
> > Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/10/msg00180.html
> >
> > Calling people "toxic" as Ansgar did in above mail, is of course also
> > not helpful and I wrote him that.
> >
> > Thanks,
>

> Back again with a bit more information regarding Ansgar's misinformed
> comments which I hope that you would share with him.

OK, I guess we should stop this here.

The bottom line is: Devuan will keep supporting sysvinit. Fullstop.

If Debian developers think it would be useful to continue such support
inside Debian, we can help there, so that our work is immediately
available to all Debian derivatives. Otherwise, we will keep
supporting sysvinit on our own, and distros interested in supporting
sysvinit will have the option to use Devuan as a base instead.

Let's try to reduce the useless chit-chat and drama to a minimum,
please (and the minimum is zero, in this case), since that's not
helpful at all, and does not build packages. I subscribed to
debian-devel as well, and will reach out later.

HND

KatolaZ