:: [devuan-dev] Debian Buster release …
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support
(I just subscribed to this list, so no need to Cc me.)

Hello!

I just like to make you aware of a discussion on debian-devel mailing
list:

Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

If no one steps up, sysvinit package might be removed from the Debian
archive, which especially if init scripts are then also removed from
packages by some maintainers makes it more difficult to maintain and
develop Devuan as a distribution based on Debian.

I do not know whether you like to cooperate and help with sysvinit
maintenance in order to keep the package in Debian. But if you do, I
suggest you do a first step and remove personal attacks from your IRC
infobot:

Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

Calling people "toxic" as Ansgar did in above mail, is of course also
not helpful and I wrote him that.

Thanks,
--
Martin