:: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:19:02 +0200
Narcis Garcia <informatica@???> wrote:

> El 18/09/17 a les 19:45, Steve Litt ha escrit:

> Why in the world would you need Gnome? Copy their home directory,

>> I'm trying now to make an installation as similar as possible to
>> Gnome. XFCE is the best option for a Gnome-like theme and behavior?

I think Unity would provide the most Gnome like experience (assuming
you mean Gnome3). Xfce enables you to have multiple panels, which I
think you can use to simulate the panels and drawers in Gnome2.

Am I reading correctly here that you're prioritizing your selection on
the *theme*? How much stability and intuitiveness are you willing to
sacrifice for theme? Xfce is OK, but from my perspective it's slowly
sidling up to systemd, and may one day be unuseable without systemd.

That said, Xfce is currently a good candidate assuming your computer
has the horsepower to run it, and if your computer could run Gnome3, it
certainly can run Xfce.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr