:: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
Author: J. Fahrner
To: Dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Systemd-free => Gnome-free? [Was: Re: Gnome?
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
Am 2017-09-19 15:00, schrieb Narcis Garcia:
> El 18/09/17 a les 19:45, Steve Litt ha escrit:
>> Why in the world would you need Gnome?
>
> 1. Gnome is the desktop environment that better fits my criteria for
> unexperienced and normal people.
>
> 2. I select desktop software for hundreds of users, and 99% of users
> that already use desktop computers installed by me (hundreds more), use
> Gnome. I don't want to face another change like Gnome 2->3 was.
>
> 3. Why not?

I'm wondering why people cry when they don't get Gnome and why they try
to enforce Devuan developers to offer Gnome. Devuans goal is to offer a
Linux system without systemd. And that's not possible for Gnome, because
Gnome depends on systemd. If you want Gnome you have to live with
systemd. It's your choice. If you want a Windows GUI you have to use
Windows. But don't cry.

Jochen