:: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
Author: Svante Signell
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
On Mon, 2017-09-18 at 13:45 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:02:37 +0200
>
> Why in the world would you need Gnome?

I don't think we should blindly reject providing Gnome in Devuan. As I wrote,
shwsh has already provided the two needed packages: elogind and gnome-settings-
daemon. As you might know GuixSD is running Gnome, and they use elogind (ported
by a Guix developer from systemd). Ability to choose desktops is good for
versatility in addition to init system choices.

Even if I don't run Gnome somebody else might want to. And if we can provide it
why not. This is a situation very similar to eudev (fork of udev from systemd).