:: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gnome?
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 03:00:22PM +0200, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> El 18/09/17 a les 19:45, Steve Litt ha escrit:
> > Why in the world would you need Gnome?
>
> 1. Gnome is the desktop environment that better fits my criteria for
> unexperienced and normal people.
>
> 2. I select desktop software for hundreds of users, and 99% of users
> that already use desktop computers installed by me (hundreds more), use
> Gnome. I don't want to face another change like Gnome 2->3 was.
>
> 3. Why not?

...and foremost, why should one provide excuses for their choices on
Desktop Environments at all? :)

I have not used GNOME since its version 1.x (with x very small, I
guess), and still think that it would be better for a universal
distribution like Devuan to provide a way to install GNOME, if at all
possible (i.e., if it does not require systemd).

I am lacking the basic skills and interest to work on that, but still.

:)

KatolaZ