:: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts w…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly [SOLVED]
Subject: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly
On Wed, 24 May 2017 at 16:27:36 +0000 Miroslav Rovis
<miro.rovis@???> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm actually so happy that I can write to the list from my Devuan, as I have
> moved important functionalities over from my (broken (into?)) Gentoo [1]...
>
> I just successfully moved (little left to sort out) mail, MTA, MUA, MDA. In
> other words: Postfix, Mutt, Getmail, Maildrop seem to work just great.
>
> But I have an issue that, to me, is so bad, that if don't solve it, I'm
> willing to reinstall Devuan...
>
> mr@gd0v:~$ I am only trying to demonstate the issue.
>
> That's ' I' in first editable space of the command line. I move to beginning
> with Ctrl-A.
>
> And I press Alt-D. Here's what I get:
>
> mr@gd0v:~$ ä I am only trying to demonstate the issue.
>
> But I did press Alt-D... So that one doesn't work.
>
> Let me move to the end with Ctrl-E (BTW Ctrl-A and Ctrl-E do work, and some
> other shortcuts).
>
> Now I will press Alt-Backspace. And here's what I get:
>
> mr@gd0v:~$ ä I am only trying to demonstate the issue.ÿ

This is a problem with Xresources if it happens undr Xorg, and/or with
input library keybindings, that is with the .inputrc file.

Under X I can replicate your problem when I comment this line in
~/.Xresources:

*metaSendsEscape: true

Try uncommenting or adding this line, then run:

xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources

open a new terminal and see if the problem went away.

--
Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???