:: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts w…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly
On 170524-20:03-0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017 22:28:22 +0000
> Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@???> wrote:
>
> > I'll also reply to Steve Litt's mail,
>
> [big snip]
>
> > You lose donuts/dollars :) ! It is xterm! And only xterm, in my
> > Openbox.
>
> OK, yes or no questions, pertaining to work on the physical computer
> without tmux:

Hmmmh... "terminal multiplexer (like gnu screen)" as Florian explained... All
right, trying to follow...

> * Does your problem (which hasn't yet been defined for me) happen in
> xterm under openbox? Y/N

> * Does your problem happen in Xterm in another window manager (try
> windowmaker, jwm, etc) Y/N

Don't know, the problem has been solved, no need to try (my resources are
meager, I work too slowly...).

> * Does your problem happen in Suckless Tools st with any window
> manager? Y/N

Don't know, the problem has been solved, no need to try.

> * Does your problem happen in rxvt or urxvt (your choice) with any
> window manager? Y/N

Couldn't install it, the available urxvt was incompatible with what I had
installed in my Jessie RC2. However, don't remember the details.

> * Does your problem happen before you run startx (in Ctrl+Alt+F2, for
> instance)? Y/N

> Now, same questions while operating *with* tmux, which I heard you
> mention several times, and remember: Yes or No

NECESSARY DIGRESSION FROM Yes or No: cannot yet browse to learn what tmux
exactly is, haven't secured my Devuan properly yet. And I only have vague idea
what tmux is. I'm not sure is it operating or not in my setup.

> Now, some yes or no questions about the nature of your problem, or in
> other words, what gives you an indication of malfunction:
>
> * Do your hotkeys in question echo an unexpected character? Y/N

Don't know.

> * Other than the echo, do your hotkeys in question produce unexpected
> results? Y/N

Don't know.

> If the answer to your last question is "Yes", in one short paragraph
> describe the unexpected result

> SteveT

Thanks for caring. The problem has, in the meantime, been identified by
Alessandro Selli and following his suggestion I have managed to fix it.
(
to whose kind email I replied
    ( only available at:
    Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly [SOLVED]
    https://www.mail-archive.com/dng@lists.dyne.org/msg15292.html
    at the time of my writing of this email
    )
)
I probably only need to be back to this topic in case it would, say, reappear,
which I don't expect to happen.

Regards!

--
Miroslav Rovis