:: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts w…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly
On Wed, 24 May 2017 16:27:36 +0000
Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@???> wrote:

> But I have an issue that, to me, is so bad, that if don't solve it,
> I'm willing to reinstall Devuan...

[snip description of unexpected behavior of terminal hotkeys]

> My issues above came to annoy me when I purged my system from dbus.

:-)

If the hotkey functionalities depend on dbus, oops!

Miroslav, you don't say what terminal emulator you're using, or whether
it's a virtual terminal (I sure hope the virtual terminal doesn't
depend on dbus), but I'm pretty sure the behaviors you're describing
are terminal emulator dependent. And I'll bet you dollars to donuts (oh
wait, a donut's worth about a dollar now, I gotta quit using that
saying) that you're *not* using xterm. I'd suggest you try several
terminal emulators, and find one that suits your taste.

If you haven't tried it, I'd recommend lxterminal from the LXDE
project. Full featured, menu, tabbed, from a project that hasn't drunk
the dbus flavored drink (as far as I know).

Also, try xterm. If U have problems with fonts and appearance, I've
gotten fairly good at dealing with that and can help you.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2017 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28