:: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts w…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: Alessandro Selli
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly [SOLVED]
On 170525-06:51+0200, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017 at 16:27:36 +0000 Miroslav Rovis
> <miro.rovis@???> wrote:

> > mr@gd0v:~$ I am only trying to demonstate the issue.

ERRATA: demonstrate

> > That's ' I' in first editable space of the command line. I move to beginning
> > with Ctrl-A.
> >
> > And I press Alt-D. Here's what I get:
> >
> > mr@gd0v:~$ ä I am only trying to demonstate the issue.

ERRATA: demonstrate

> > But I did press Alt-D... So that one doesn't work.

> This is a problem with Xresources if it happens undr Xorg, and/or with
> input library keybindings, that is with the .inputrc file.
>
> Under X I can replicate your problem when I comment this line in
> ~/.Xresources:
>
> *metaSendsEscape: true
>
> Try uncommenting or adding this line, then run:
>
> xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources
>
> open a new terminal and see if the problem went away.

#      And it did go away! Both Alt-D and Alt-Backspace now work!      #

And just think of it: I was willing (almost ready) to reinstall my Devuan
because of this trivial glitch, kind of... Phew!

But that's what the developers are here for us users/hopeful testers... But we
wouldn't even have Devuan if it weren't for bright people like you devs!

> --
> Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
> VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???
> Chiavi PGP/GPG keys: B7FD89FD, 4A904FD9

Molte grazie, caro vicino di paese!
(
for the readers proficient only in lingua franca of these late centuries:
Many thanks, dear neighbor ... (the sintagma is untranslatable literally, but
'vicino di paese' means: neighbor because living in the neighboring country, so
not neighbor because, say, living in a nearby house or town)!
)

Molte grazie, caro vicino di paese!

--
Miroslav Rovis