:: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts worki…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly
Hi!

I'm actually so happy that I can write to the list from my Devuan, as I have
moved important functionalities over from my (broken (into?)) Gentoo [1]...

I just successfully moved (little left to sort out) mail, MTA, MUA, MDA. In
other words: Postfix, Mutt, Getmail, Maildrop seem to work just great.

But I have an issue that, to me, is so bad, that if don't solve it, I'm willing
to reinstall Devuan...

mr@gd0v:~$ I am only trying to demonstate the issue.

That's ' I' in first editable space of the command line. I move to beginning
with Ctrl-A.

And I press Alt-D. Here's what I get:

mr@gd0v:~$ ä I am only trying to demonstate the issue.

But I did press Alt-D... So that one doesn't work.

Let me move to the end with Ctrl-E (BTW Ctrl-A and Ctrl-E do work, and some
other shortcuts).

Now I will press Alt-Backspace. And here's what I get:

mr@gd0v:~$ ä I am only trying to demonstate the issue.ÿ

Also Ctrl-Y and Ctrl-K work correctly... But it's a problem. Because I like to
edit command line before I execute it, and words I like to paste around, and I
can't...

My issues above came to annoy me when I purged my system from dbus. It's in the
git.devuan.org pages by dev1fanboy. Can't yet give the link, maybe later (I'm
in a rush now and will be busy for a few hours).

I do not regret in the least, I like mean and lean desktop and couldn't care
about any frills...

But I thought some of you developers will be able to tell which programs is
missing, and how to fix the above...

Thanks in advance!

---
[1] but haven't yet secured my Devuan well enough for unfethered browsing, so
    I'm not sure is this is the link (probably it is, but there would be
    more...):
    https://www.CroatiaFidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-170504-strange-bash/

Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia