:: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
Author: Jochen Fahrner
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
Am 22.02.2017 um 09:06 schrieb Rick Moen:

> Several of IgnorantGuru's blog posts from around that time speak to the
> greatly increased GNOME lock-in that has plagued the gkt+3 series,
> in sharp contrast to gtk+2.

I totally agree with this problem, and I suffer from it after upgrading
my Crunchbang Linux to Devuan Jessie. Lots of applications are broken
because they now use gtk3 and themes are not compatible.
Even if the applications would support gtk2, you have to compile them
your own, because binary dsitributions with Gnome support link all the
applications againt gtk3.
I tend to leave Linux as a dekstop system, use it only for my headless
server systems. The Linux desktop is broken! :-(

The next step after "no systemd" should be "no gnome".

--
Mit besten Grüßen
Jochen Fahrner