:: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
Author: aitor_czr
To: golinux
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
Hi golinux,

On 02/22/2017 02:34 AM, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2017-02-21 17:20, aitor_czr wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working on a new gtk theme, based on the official Adwaita:
>>
>> http://gnuinos.org/Devuan-Green/ [1] Copy the following hidden files:
>>
>> .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
>>
>> .gtkrc-2.0
>>
>> to:
>>
>>    /root

>> And compare, for example, "synaptic" and "pdfchain" in ascii.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Aitor.
>>

>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1] http://gnuinos.org/Devuan-Green/

> Hi aitor,
>
> The green you used in the Devuan-Green from July last year is closer
> to leafy - #8FAA00. There is no green even close to the green in your
> current theme planned for devuan. However note that the signature
> color for ascii has yet to be decided. Long story . . .

I know, that's the green colour used in Mint-Y, the gtk-(beta) theme in
LinuxMint.

> The frame colors are much nicer in this current theme - lighter which
> is good.
>
> There is no hilighting of selected items in synaptic and the title and
> menu bar are broken. That could be because I'm on jessie not ascii.

Synaptic is one of the gtk3 applications giving more aesthetic problems
at every turn. For example, the toolbar has a handle on the left side
(like the toolbar of the gtk2 example in lxappearance:
http://gnuinos.org/2017-02-22--1487776608_178x159_scrot.png) , but it's
missing in the most of the gtk themes.

> I'm not a fan of anything adwaita but we may not have many choices for
> gtk3 compatible themes going forward. This explains a lot of what's
> going on:
>
> https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/gnome-et-al-rotting-in-threes/
>
> Neither am I a fan of flat highlights because it's difficult to
> visually separate items in a block hilight.

The same happens to me.

> BTW, I just dropped the theme in /usr/share/themes. No need to put it
> in /root
>
> I didn't poke around too much so there's likely stuff broken that I
> didn't see. If takes a long time to find all those little bugs.
>
> Appreciate your efforts. I'll be trying to sort a theme for ascii
> myself before too long . . .
>
> golinux

Looking forward :)

Aitor.