:: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debi…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debian unstable now requires libsystemd0
On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 01:16:42PM +0100, richard lucassen wrote:

[cut]

> I think Devuan will be much more succesfull as a part of Debian than as
> a stand alone distro. We will be number 2067 on the list of
> "NeverHeardOf" distro's. The time ROI is very low if Devuan is staying
> alone IMHO.
>
> We need (silent) diplomacy, not anti-Debian oratory. It's all about
> freedom of choice, nothing more, nothing less. If mister Poettering
> suffers from some form of narcism, it is not a reason for us to behave
> the same way.
>
> "winner of the war" has been proven to be a contraditio in terminis.

And what is exactly your plan to have Devuan somehow merged "into
Debian", given that any attempt to criticise, even in a constructive
manner, any systemd-related stuff is immediately labelled as
"trolling" in debian-user (just to make an example)?

What is the choice offered by Debian once they have decided that
systemd has to be a not-unpluggable component of a Debian system?

How could we dream of having a systemd-free Debian if the only
alternative offered by Debian, and accepted by the TC, is
systemd-o-la-muerte?

If Debian hadn't started, 22 years ago, as a "NeverHeardOf" operating
system, today you would not have the problem of migrating hundred of
servers from Debian...

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]