:: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debi…
Author: Robert Storey
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debian unstable now requires libsystemd0
> From: Clarke Sideroad <clarke.sideroad@???>
> To: "dng@???" <dng@???>
> Subject: Re: [DNG] xserver-xorg-core in Debian unstable now requires
>         libsystemd0

> In a similar vein Calculate Linux has IMO well put together group of
> versions based on and compliant with Gentoo with rather elaborate Layman
> overlays, openRC, eudev and no systemd.
> Simple setup and install, probably easier than Debian, the install
> process does not take long unlike the parent Gentoo.
> It also has an updater.
> If one uses the somewhat frowned upon Porthole package manager things
> are almost as easy as Synaptic or at least like Synaptic you can quickly
> see what is available.
> Other Gentoo Layman overlays can be added, but of course at that point
> one must be more careful as it is similar to adding outside repositories
> in a Debian based distro

Thanks for mentioning Calculate Linux. While waiting for Devuan to be
released, I've been looking for something else non-systemd to play with. At
the moment, I'm getting by with antiX, but Calculate could be interesting.
I'm downloading Calculate right now, and at some point I'll write up my
experience with it

Again, still hoping to see a Devuan beta soon. Also waiting for a
devastating zero-day exploit that will leave the systemd tribe with egg on
their faces...not that I'd really want to see that, cough, cough.

cheers,
Robert