:: Re: [Dng] Towards systemd-free pack…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Towards systemd-free packages
On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 20:40:30 -0500
Jude Nelson <judecn@???> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Is there a list somewhere that has the packages in Jessie that depend
> on some part of systemd? I'd like to get the ball rolling on
> compiling out systemd dependencies for Devuan packages, but I don't
> want to duplicate anyone's efforts.

Hi Jude,

There's a guy named Slavko who, I think, had some sort of utility to
find all that. He created this:

http://lists-archives.com/debian-user/3666661-who-s-locking-down-the-code.html

Slavko also made these:

http://anfo.slavino.sk/libpam-systemd.png
http://anfo.slavino.sk/libsystemd-daemon0.png
http://anfo.slavino.sk/libsystemd-journal0.png
http://anfo.slavino.sk/libsystemd-login0.png

Talk to Slavko. He seems to have a pretty good handle on systemd
dependencies in Debian.

By the way, I found this info on Slavko by searching my old archives
from the modular-debian mailing list, created in September 2014, in the
middle of the Debian-User init wars. Obviously, the Dng list has
replaced modular-debian, but I'd like to thank Joel Roth for creating
the modular-debian list, because it gave us Debian-User refugees a
community very early, and in doing so I think the modular-debian list
helped solidify the community so we could take action a month or so
later, when we joined up with #Devuan and Dng.

SteveT